ec2-23-20-53-150.compute-1.amazonaws.com | ToothyWiki | RecentChanges | Login | Webcomic
Sha'am the Toothycat from PhoenixFeathers was inspired by Sham the Puffy Cat Virus from [Studio Tavicat]'s ["Reality Check!"].
Some notable differences between Sham and Sha'am:
- Sham is a computer virus. Sha'am is a Lesser Daemon of Chaos.
- Sham self-replicates in the vicinity of bad puns. Sha'am does not self-replicate. We hope.
- Sham eats anything. Sha'am is picky.
- Sham causes minor mischief through his actions. Sha'am wreaks major havoc by his very presence alone.
- Sham belongs to Tavicat. Sha'am refuses to submit to anyone ^^;
The concept "ToothyCat" itself was inspired by a quote of Sham's:
- "I am a toothy cat! I bite! Bite! Bite!" (c) [Studio Tavicat]
...except you won't find that text in Reality Check!. What Sham /actually/ said was more like
The real otaku can use something like this to translate back and forth.
AlexChurchill is *so* tempted to nominate this page (or /Code) for CategoryKittenTechnicalMatters. But describing Sha'am as a kitten is unfortunately a slight stretch. Cat, yes; kitten, not really...
- I somehow imagine puffycat kittens as looking something like the SootSprite?s in MyNeighbourTotoro?... Only in slightly more psychedelic colours... --K
- So, the name has no reference to the cat seen from time to time in AzumangaDaioh? --FR
- No - we were around long before AzumangaDaioh made it to the West (in mass-produced form, anyway, I think; certainly long before we were aware of the Azu kitty). The resemblance has, however, been thoroughly noted :) - SunKitten
HamStress has met a cat with no teeth. Would that be a Toothless Cat, a Non Toothy Cat or just a Plain ol' boring cat?